Get more enjoyment out of eating. Get the tools you need to stay healthy. Get back into that outfit. Get more joy out of life. Get more life to live. And give others the insights and tools to migrate to healthier living. Introducing the Mediterranean Harvest For Life® (MHFL) dietary regimen.
Affirmed by noted university nutrition scientists for its potential to impact health and longevity, the MHFL dietary regimen blends great tasting foods with resources to help people switch to the healthiest possible style of eating.
Mediterranean Harvest For Life® is based on the Mediterranean-style eating that's been proven to combat most major health problems: Alzheimer's disease; arteriosclerosis; asthma; birth defects; cancers; COPD; diabetes; heart attack; high blood pressure; high cholesterol; metabolic syndrome; obesity; Parkinson's disease; peptic ulcers; rheumatoid arthritis; stroke; and more. Mediterranean-style eating can even help reverse some adverse health conditions. (Click here for our Research Summary of Chronic Illness Impacts.)
In fact, the well-regarded WebMD website cited a top physician who called the Mediterranean diet "a divine mix"...
sorts of interactions take place within the foods, and we need further research to pinpoint them exactly.".
No other healthcare strategy, institution, medical procedure, prescription drug or insurance plan has been documented in research to produce as much benefit as Mediterranean-style eating. It's been documented to extend life two to three years when engaged in later in life -- and as much as 15 years when it's part of a change from very poor dietary and lifestyle habits! It's truly a "cradle-to-(keep-you-out-of-the)-grave" solution! In fact, top physicians recently petitioned Great Britain's Prime Minister David Cameron to bring the Mediterranean style of eating into the forefront of the country's healthcare policy. As such, shouldn't it be in the forefront of both our healthy-living and healthcare strategies.
Examine the Research
Study after study shows the tremendous health impacts and support for losing weight available through Mediterranean-style eating.
Tap Tools for Healthy Eating
Eating well is made easy by a MHFL Trapezoid of food selections, a Healthy Eating & Living Plan (HELP), Recipes and more.
Engage Your Community
MHFL has been engaged to support numerous community initiatives and can provide valuable resources to help organizations improve health.
Mediterranean Harvest For Life has developed valuable support tools, based on extensive research, to help people and communities migrate to healthier eating. Tools include:
- MHFL Trapezoid identifying healthy foods to eat and to avoid to help people migrate to a new, healthier diet
- MHFL Research documenting the tremendous health impacts of Mediterranean-style eating from longitudinal study after study
- MHFL HELP (Healthy Eating & Living Plan) offering tips to help people eat right, for optimum health and improved lifestyles
- The Best Of All Functional Foods document explaining how specific foods and ingredients can impact health and longevity
- MHFL Nutrition Facts, documenting nutrients and calories per gram in various foods to help people select foods that will help them feel full without filling out
- MHFL Recipes that people have enjoyed while migrating to healthier eating. (A cooking and menu creation hint: MHFL is not about "foreign foods;" it's about eating more of the right foods that people are already familiar with.)
MHFL is a USDA My Plate Community Partner. MHFL has been engaged by several community groups to provide education and sampling of "evidence-based nutrition in healthcare."